This essay presents data artifacts that accompany the journal article "Ecuadorian STS: Imaginaries, Institutions and Place" published by Engaging Science, Technology and Society (ESTS).
Cite this dataset:
Albornoz, María Belén. 2023. "Ecuadorian STS: Imaginaries, Institutions and Place." Multi-part. Version 1. Distributed by Engaging Science, Technology, and Society. STS Infrastructures (Platform for Experimental Collaborative Ethnography).https://n2t.net/ark:/81416/p4fw2m.
Essay created by:
ESTS Open Data Editor Tim Schütz and ESTS Associate Editor Angela Okune
In compliance with the principles of promoting transparency, reproducibility and open science practices I provide the following Data Availability Statement for my article titled “Chakana and Thirdspace: Engaging Ecuadorian STS in Places of Knowledge Coproduction” to be published in Engaging Science, Technology, and Society.
The article draws upon the project we initiated in June 2019 under the banner of Ecuadorian STS: A Story from the Middle of the World for STS Infrastructures. Below is a concise overview of the materials that have been provided as a source data:
- The Chakana STS Logo https://stsinfrastructures.org/content/chakana-sts-logo
- CTS Ecuador https://stsinfrastructures.org/content/cts-ecuador
- The Latin American Thought in the Science, Technology, Development, Dependency Question https://stsinfrastructures.org/content/latin-american-thought-sciencetec...
- Summer Schools https://stsinfrastructures.org/content/first-ecuadorian-sts-summerschool and http://ctslab.org/category/docencia/escuelas-de-verano/
- Academic programs https://stsinfrastructures.org/content/ecuadorian-sts-story-middleworld/... , http://ctslab.org/docencia/especializacion/ and https://stsinfrastructures.org/content/cts-lab-ecuador/essay
- Publications http://ctslab.org/publicaciones/
- Mentors https://stsinfrastructures.org/content/beginning/essay
- Research Centers: CTS Lab https://stsinfrastructures.org/content/cts-lab-ecuador, http://ctslab.org/ and Kaleidos https://stsinfrastructures.org/content/about-kaleidoscenter-interdiscipl...
- Ernesto Lleras https://stsinfrastructures.org/content/ernesto-lleras-interview
- Dominique Vinck https://stsinfrastructures.org/content/dominique-vincks-interview
The article stablishes a connection between two distinct publication platforms: academic journals and projects such STS Infrastructures, a pivotal initiative in the realm of STS. This combination offers an array of research materials that encompass the multifaceted dimensions of STS scholarship.
These materials comprise scholarly articles, essays, reports, and studies that delve into critical inquiries regarding the complex interplay between science, technology, and society, becoming a valuable contribution to the field of STS.