AO: This small paragraph in the overall document is one of the few mentions of the library. It seems to suggest that despite being transferred to the Museum in 1918, it was not until almost 60 years later (over 10 years after independence) that the library had a full-time (Kenyan?) librarian.
The library has been jointly held by the National Museum and the East Africa Natural History Society since 1918 when it was transferred to the Museum. In January 1976, Miss Priscilla Allen retired and a full time librarian, Miss Bella Madara was appointed.